The University at Buffalo invites applications for the position of Assistant Coach, Women’s Swimming and Diving. The State University of New York at Buffalo is a NCAA Division 1 institution, in the MAC conference with a 50 meter facility and a separate diving well. The Assistant Swim Coach, under the direction of the Head Swim Coach, is responsible for recruitment and retention of student athletes, planning, executing and overseeing practices for the Women’s Swimming and Diving Program. The Assistant Coach will work closely with the coaching staff in fundraising, community and alumni relations as well as oversee the academic progress of the Women’s Swimming and Diving student athletes.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities
- Identify, recruit and retain student-athletes and assist in the development of scholarship student-athletes. Interact with student-athlete and family and provide counsel, guidance and support as necessary while consistent with team philosophy.
- Teach skills related to women’s swimming program and implement a thorough, sound and safe teaching plan and serve as a primary on-deck coach for the mid-distance or sprint group. The incumbent will assist in women’s swimming recruiting program by scouting at meets, etc.
- Develop, maintain and foster positive public relations with schools and maintain high level of visibility throughout the communities.
- Serve as the primary liaison with department’s academic advisor and oversee the academic success of the student-athlete. Assist with procurement, purchasing, facilities management and fund raising for sport program. Assist the Women’s Swimming and Diving Head Coach in all phases of a successful Division 1 intercollegiate program.
- Maintain accurate recruiting lists and have thorough knowledge of all NCAA and University rules and regulations. Acquire all necessary knowledge to successfully pass the NCAA mandated recruiting exam. Responsible for compliance with the policies and rules of the University, the NCAA, and the Mid-American Conference.
The University at Buffalo is the largest university in the state system of New York. This flagship institution has more than 230,000 alumni world-wide and is an AAU member. Ranked 51st among all public universities in the United States, UB professional schools such as Law, Medicine, Dentistry, Business, Pharmacy and Engineering are ranked in the top 100. With an aggressive plan in UB 2020, the entire university, including the Department of Athletics has immeasurable potential.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Bachelor’s Degree. Experience coaching at the collegiate level, preferably Division I. Successful experience as graduate assistant or intern in a college athletic program and/or club level or commensurate related experience is accepted.