Under direction of the Administrative Director, Research, Planning and Institutional Effectiveness, to design and conduct qualitative research to provide information for the provision of information on Student Equity plans via written reports, tables, graphics, oral presentations, and a variety of computer-mediated formats.
The Qualitative / Mixed Methods Senior Researcher is in the Para-professional level classification in the Research series requiring specific training and experience with designing and conducting data collection and analysis for mixed methods and/or qualitative studies in an education setting, as well as experience with NVivo or other qualitative software. Outstanding analytics skills and the ability to collaborate with campus staff are specially valued. Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, working with our quantitative research team on: scheduling and managing multi-disciplinary investigative team meetings, recruiting study participants, qualitative/mixed methods study design, data collection and analysis; data management; grant applications and manuscripts; and managing communication with research participants.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES: Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Design qualitative/mixed methods research studies (including project scope, methodology, data sources, and analytical strategy) related to student equity, matriculation, staffing patterns, program review, student and faculty characteristics, community characteristics, student learning outcomes, and other related studies.
* Select, adapt and apply appropriate qualitative/mixed methods research and techniques to specific areas of study.
* Collect data and develop procedures to organize code and enter data.
* Develop and maintain research information systems.
* Plan, design, and test research instrumentation and evaluate data to assess reliability and validity of findings.
* Utilize NVivo and SPSS technology to support equity-focused research needs.
* Design surveys, interviews, and relational databases related to student equity; facilitate focus groups and one-on-one interviews, and surveys to gather information for equity research projects as well as other focused activities related to student equity initiatives.
* Compose and edit research materials in a variety of formats, including but not limited to graphs and charts for research reports and presentations as required in the student equity plan; compose graphs and charts to show changes in data over a period of time and prepare data for publication for equity related activities.
* Write technical reports to provide information, interpretation, and recommendations on equity research projects.
* Communicate complex qualitative/mixed methods research methodology and results in written and oral format in formal and informal presentations.
* Communicate effectively and work both independently and as part of a team to analyze and interpret qualitative/mixed methods data; respond to research questions as requested; describe findings.
* Schedule, participate, and lead equity meetings and research committees as needed or required.
* Perform other duties as assigned.