Community College of Allegheny County
Skilled Maintenance Worker (Temp FT)
**ONLY REG PART-TIME CCAC SEIU EMPLOYEES MAY BID ON THIS POSTING** This is a temporary full-time position with benefits. The length of this assignment is unknown. Additional hours, including evening and weekend hours, may be needed to meet the needs of the department.
Work Hours (for hourly positions):
Monday - Friday; 7:30 am - 4:00 pm
SEIU E - $18.38
Office Support Staff/Maintenance/Housekeeping
Job Open Date:
Job Close Date:
Performs semiskilled maintenance and repair duties for a campus
Must be able to properly handle equipment, materials and supplies in accordance with safety rules and regulations. Error could result in material damage and waste, financial loss and physical harm.
Education and Experience:
Requires vocational school training in gardening, cement/ asphalt, furniture repair or vehicle preventive maintenance.
Pennsylvania driver's license. For gardening positions, must be licensed in spraying insecticides.
Knowledgeable of general maintenance and repair operations.
Physical Requirements, If Applicable:
Involves daily exposure to dirt, grease and electrical wires in both indoor and outdoor settings. Frequently requires physical exertion to reach, bend and stand for long periods of time. Must be able to move, lift, carry and push heavy objects.
1. Perform one or more of the following semiskilled maintenance duties:
2. Cut grass, prune/plant trees and shrubs, and spray insecticide.
3. Asphalt driveways, cement walkways, repair fences, remove snow, and pick up trash.
4. Repair metal/wood furniture, replace/straighten parts, refinish wood, mend vinyl or upholstery material, and replace hinges, locks, and other parts.
5. Perform vehicle preventive maintenance, tune up engines, change oil, flush radiator, replace exhaust systems, change tires, make minor body repairs, and remove dents and scratches.
6. Assist in performing carpentry, painting, heating, refrigeration, electrical, plumbing, piping, and air conditioning repairs, installations, and overhauls..
7. Perform preventive maintenance, oil, lubricate, and make minor repairs on mechanical equipment.
8. Operate campus vehicles including tractors, mowers, and trucks.
9. Performs general housekeeping and maintenance duties and other related duties as required or assigned.
Secondary Duties (If applicable):
Occasionally trains temporary, part-time or newly hired employees.
Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available here or by going to http://www.ccac.edu/hr
, selecting "HR Forms and Documents" from the left menu and locating the link named "CCAC Instructions on Clearances.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: https://ccac.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=269