Main Campus - Hilltop
The University of San Francisco seeks an online communications professional with experience in email marketing to develop, implement, and coordinate emails, e-newsletters, and registration forms with focus on the University of San Francisco's internal key target groups (students, faculty, staff). The position reports to the Associate Director of Web Services.
Serve as the first point of contact for email, e-newsletter, and registration form requests, and coordinate the intake, processing, and fulfillment of requests and projects.
- Monitor emails and ticketing queue, flagging, and routing requests to appropriate staff and coordinating with colleagues to complete requests
- Work with clients and other departments to gather requirements (copy, visual collateral, email recipient lists, etc.)
- Ensure emails and e-newsletters follow email coding and layout standards, are grammatically correct, and strengthen the university's reputation among internal key target audiences (students, faculty, and staff)
- Fulfill email, e-newsletter, and announcement requests within department-established turnaround times
Provide daily support and maintenance of email and calendar systems, including responding to inquiries via phone or in person, updating/approving calendar listings, and troubleshooting issues. Add/remove administrators for email, event, and calendar systems.
Enforce the university's key messages and visual identity in all communications with key target audiences. Help clients optimize their outreach to relevant target groups through USF's email, online calendar, and web channels.
- Check communications for adherence to best practices and university guidelines
- Coordinate with copyeditor and designers as needed to make updates
- Coordinate with client managers, clients, and other staff as needed to ensure proper targeting of communications
- Provide suggestions and explain feedback to clients in clear, friendly, customer-service oriented communications
- Assist with trainings
- Provide feedback and ideas to help improve processes, policies, and customer service
Track metrics to measure the impact of emails, e-newsletters, and registration forms on achieving USF strategic goals.
- Provide team with regular reporting for email and event registrations (e.g., monthly/quarterly)
- Pull individual reports as needed, including client requests
Create, update, and maintain content in web content management system
Cross-train with Web Coordinators to provide emergency back-up, as needed.
Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in email marketing and possess a proven track record of successfully developing content for e-communications.
Demonstrated knowledge of HTML and CSS coding best practices for web and emails; knowledge of email marketing systems, such as iModules Encompass and ReGroup, or online calendar systems, such as EMS preferred.
Strong writing and copyediting ability and experience developing written content for optimized emails.
Experience in the use of image editing software to optimize images for email and online use.
Experience in updating websites utilizing a web content management system.
Ability to troubleshoot and identify technical issues and communicate effectively with the university's Internet technicians and vendors and ability to communicate those issues to USF staff in clear, easy to understand terms.
Demonstrated knowledge of online accessibility and usability standards.
Ability to meet tight deadlines.
Able to work effectively both independently and collaboratively.
Excellent interpersonal communications skills. Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain positive business relationships.
Must be able to work some evenings and possibly weekends.
Bachelors degree in Communications, Journalism, Mass Communications, Marketing or Computer Science preferred.
Understanding of and commitment to USF's Vision, Mission and Values.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please include links or PDFs of at least 3 sample marketing emails.
Job Open Date
Posted until Filled
The University of San Francisco is located in the heart of one of the world's most innovative and diverse cities, and is home to a vibrant academic community of students and faculty who achieve excellence in their fields. Its diverse student body enjoys direct access to faculty, small classes and outstanding opportunities in the city itself. USF is San Francisco's first university, and its Jesuit Catholic mission helps ignite a student's passion for social justice and a desire to Change the World From Here. For more information, visit www.usfca.edu.
The University of San Francisco is an equal opportunity institution of higher education. The University does not discriminate in employment, educational services and academic programs on the basis of an individual's race, color, religion, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age (except minors), sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition (cancer-related and genetic-related) and disability, and the other bases prohibited by law. The University reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities under the law.
Fair Chance Ordinance
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. For more information visit: http://sfgov.org/olse/fair-chance-ordinance-fco
CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW