The University at Buffalo (UB) invites inquiries, nominations and applications for the position of Director of the Arthur O. Eve Educational Opportunity Program (EOP). A member of the Association of American Universities (AAU) and the largest and most comprehensive public research university in the State University of New York (SUNY) system, UB is an internationally renowned center for academic excellence. The Director of EOP will be responsible for the leadership, management and supervision of day-to-day operations of the Educational Opportunity Program at the university.
The Educational Opportunity Program provides an avenue for admission and means of support for talented students who have not yet reached their full academic potential due to barriers in their educational, economic, or personal background. Applicants to the Program must be New York State residents who qualify under EOP financial eligibility guidelines.
The EOP seeks to recruit an energetic professional to serve in the capacity of Director for the program. The Director will represent the EOP program within the university and implement specified goals and objectives. The Educational Opportunity Program is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive environment and therefore seeks candidates who are committed to ensuring that EOP programming reflects, supports and enhances diversity and equity and inclusion within the Educational Opportunity Program (EOP). The Director reports to the Senior Associate Vice Provost for Student Success and Retention.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Master’s degree in Counseling, Higher Education, Education Administration or a related area is required with 3 years of experience.
A successful candidate will also have competencies in the following areas:
- Leadership experience at a college level
- Extensive and progressive experience working with a diverse community that supports diversity, equity and inclusion
- Excellent interpersonal, critical thinking and customer service experience
- Supervisory experience
- At least 5 years of progressive leadership experience at the college level
- At least 5 years of experience, working with diverse student populations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presenting to small and large groups
- Proven track record of working collaboratively across university offices, including Advising units, Student Life units, and Admissions
- Ability to work in a diverse environment exhibiting understanding, appreciation and respect for a wide-variety of individual backgrounds
- Budgeting and fiscal management experience
Salary Range $85,000 – $90,000