Skilled Craftsworker - Short-term Temporary Hourly assignment, as needed
Kern Community College District
Initial Screening Date:
Open Until Filled:
Short-term Temporary Hourly
flexible, as needed
$22.38 per hour
This position is eligible for ACA benefits.
Under the direction of an assigned supervisor, perform a variety of skilled duties related to carpentry, plumbing, painting, electrical and general building maintenance duties at an assigned campus location; perform skilled field maintenance duties.
Education and Experience:
Any combination equivalent to: graduation from high school supplemented by formal training in one of the skilled crafts AND
two years of journey-level skilled craftsworking and maintenance experience.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Methods, practices, equipment and tools used in carpentry, plumbing, painting, electrical work and concrete construction.
- Record keeping techniques.
- Basic math.
- Safe work practices.
- Perform a full range of assigned skilled maintenance work including carpentry, plumbing, painting, light construction and electrical work.
- Use and care for tools and equipment used in maintaining and repairing assigned maintenance area.
- Read and interpret blueprints, schematics, sketches and drawings.
- Maintain records related to work performed.
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
First Review of Applications:
Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is filled. The College reserves the right to extend time limits or reinitiate the recruitment/selection process at any point.
Completed application packet must include:
Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the necessary arrangements.
All applicants must apply online at https://careers.kccd.edu/postings/9138
- Completed Online Application for Employment form
- Current resume
- List of six (6) professional references Listed on application form
. Emails will not be accepted.
As an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, the Kern Community College District encourages candidates with diverse backgrounds to apply.