Under direction of the Dean, Research, Planning and Institutional Effectiveness, design and conduct research to provide information for the Guided Pathways Plan via written reports, tables, graphics, oral presentations, and a variety of computer-mediated formats.
The Researcher requires specific training and experience with designing and conducting data collection and analysis in an education setting, as well as experience with research specific software. Outstanding analytics skills and the ability to collaborate with campus staff are specially valued. Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, working with our quantitative research team on: scheduling and managing multi-disciplinary investigative team meetings, recruiting study participants, quantitative study design, data collection and analysis; data management; grant applications and manuscripts; and managing communication with research participants.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES: Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Design quantitative research studies (including project scope, methodology, data sources, and analytical strategy) related to student success , matriculation, staffing patterns, program review, student and faculty characteristics, community characteristics, student learning outcomes, and other related studies.
* Select, adapt and apply appropriate quantitative research and techniques to specific areas of study.
* Collect data and develop procedures to organize code and enter data.
* Develop and maintain research information systems.
* Plan, design, and test research instrumentation and evaluate data to assess reliability and validity of findings.
* Utilize business intelligence reporting tools such as Argos, Cognos, SAP, etc to support student enrollment patterns and course scheduling related analysis.
* Design surveys, interviews, and relational database queries related to student enrollment and course scheduling; facilitate focus groups and one-on-one interviews, and surveys to gather information on student course taking behavior and enrollment needs.
* Compose and edit research materials in a variety of formats, including but not limited to graphs and charts for research reports and presentations as required in the Guided Pathways Plan ; compose graphs and charts to show changes in data over a period of time and prepare data for publication for related activities.
* Write technical reports to provide information, interpretation, and recommendations on equity research projects.
* Communicate complex quantitative research methodology and results in written and oral format in formal and informal presentations.
* Communicate effectively and work both independently and as part of a team to analyze and interpret data; respond to research questions as requested; describe findings.
* Schedule, participate, and lead equity meetings and research committees as needed or required.
* Perform other duties as assigned.