Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Digital Marketing Specialist
Worcester Polytechnic Institute
Digital Marketing Specialist
Marketing Technology & Metrics
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
WPI is seeking a digital marketing specialist to join the Marketing Technology team within the Division of Marketing Communications. The Digital marketing specialist will be responsible for supporting digital marketing content engagement and demand generation including building, managing, and regularly optimizing digital marketing campaigns (including SEM, SEO, social, email, etc.) initiated by program leads across the division. The digital marketing specialist will operationally and strategically support all digital initiatives and ideally understand the big picture on how technology can be leveraged to support university and aligned marketing communications goals. The ideal candidate will have a large role in the methodology, testing, analysis, and reporting of digital campaign performance and communication of results. The digital marketing specialist will report to the Associate Director of Marketing Performance and Analytics.
- Work closely with the Associate Director of Marketing Performance and Analytics to support brand-level market research, reporting, and insights
- Support digital marketing strategy with market research, a/b testing, target research and segmentation, digital visibility, etc.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional marketing team to build and execute digital campaigns
- Measure and report on performance of digital marketing campaigns
- Aggregate, analyze, and report on marketing data for email marketing, SEM, SEO, social media etc.
- Create and deliver reports using a variety of platforms including: Google Marketing Platform, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Social listening and scheduling platforms, media monitoring platforms etc.
- Assist with the set up and optimization of ad campaigns (Adwords, Facebook) to drive high engagement and conversions
- Ideal candidate will be familiar with benchmark analysis, survey research, primary analysis, segmentation and other market research techniques.
- Create reports or in depth analysis on email campaigns
- Create maintain tracking for emails
- Testing and analytics support for ux
- Support the execution of email campaigns
- Minor project management as needed
- Research and inform campaign strategy
- Build and manage SEM campaigns
- Track and optimize campaigns as needed
- Test campaign components to optimize and conversion performance
- Track user experience and conversions and lead changes to optimize results
- Build reporting on performance and make improvement recommendations
- Track SEO performance of digital platforms
- In form on SEO performance and optimization
- Structure and present recommendations to increase SEO performance
- Inform overall SEO strategy
- Work with the social media team to export and aggregate social media metrics
- Provide support with campaign tracking URLs as needed
- Set up and manage dashboards in Google Data Studio
- Provide analysis of insights to social media team and management
- Set up and update dashboards in Google Data Studio
- Set up campaign tracking URLs using UTM parameters
- Share and interpret web traffic reports with partners
- Assist with the scheduling, set up and performance tracking of A/B tests (Google Optimize, CrazyEgg)
- Set up, manage and provide reports for HeatMap campaigns (CrazyEgg)
- 1-3 years of experience working and collaborating within a cross functional team
- 2-3 years relevant digital marketing experience
- High degree of individual initiative and thrives in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously while being able to prioritize workload and meet deadlines
- Strong desire to learn, grow, and excel at all times
- Critical thinker and problem-solver
- Strong organizational, written, and verbal communication skills
- Passion for digital and driven by curiosity
- Strong grasp of the digital marketing fundamentals and methodologies
- Expert level knowledge of Microsoft office including Word, Excel, Powerpoint etc.
- Experience with tools like Data Studio, Google Analytics, and Google Tag Manager to manage and deliver strong campaigns and report on key insights for performance improvement
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics
- Ability to analyze data with an aptitude for data-driven recommendations.
- Strong understanding of and experience using social media advertising platforms
- Experience with email marketing and marketing automation platforms (MailChimp, ExactTarget, etc.)
- Experience in SEM, SEO, PPC, display, programmatic and email marketing is preferred but not required
- Understanding and experience with the modern digital marketing stack. Marketing automation, APIs, analytics, tag management, landing pages
- Be team-oriented, resourceful, and an excellent communicator
United States of America (Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Digital-Marketing-Specialist_R0000325
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |