University of Idaho
Finance & Administration
$12.75 per hour or higher depending on experience
The Campus Operator supports the University of Idaho's missionshaping the future through innovative thinking, community engagement and transformative educationprimarily by providing timely, professional, courteous service to those seeking information about the university over the phone or by e-mail correspondence. As a vital member of the Business Services team, the Campus Operator is expected to take initiative and complete specific tasks without direct supervision, while working in a dynamic front desk environment at the Bruce M. Pitman Center. Using a multi-line telephone system and a desktop computer to answer incoming calls and e-mails, the operator assists inquirers and routes their queries appropriately to campus personnel and/or departments. The operator searches university and other online resources to make sure the most up-to-date information is provided for incoming requests; communicates inaccurate, missing, or out-of-date information to appropriate managers and web coordinators; assists other Bruce M. Pitman Center front desk personnel with greeting visitors and providing general information, as needed. The Campus Operator creates an exceptional customer service experience for all students, staff, faculty, and visitors to the University of Idaho.
- High school diploma or GED and at least one year experience related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year-by-year basis.
- Experience working with computers, including proficiency in the suite of Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to make decisions, work independently and solve problems without direct supervision.
- Employment is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a criminal background check.
- Bachelors Degree.
- Strong organizational and communications skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a wide range of individuals, including populations representing diverse backgrounds, life experiences, skills and abilities.
- Experience using multi-line telephone systems, copy machines, and other general office equipment.
- Familiarity with University of Idaho mission, vision and operations, as well as location(s) and mission(s) of various colleges and departments on campus.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time while performing duties.
Open Until Filled:
First consideration will be given to applicants who apply by July 7, 2018.
Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.