The Center for Educational Innovation Assistant Director of Project Development provides direct support to the CEI Director in the areas of project management, communications, and customer service. This key position will interact directly with CEI business and community partners, UB faculty members, university administrators, and all CEI staff. The Assistant Director of Project Development will be responsible for the project management of all major service and research projects headed by CEI, and must be capable of success with given resources and deadlines. The assistant director will also fill an important role in developing CEI communications to faculty and administrators, and representing CEI when needed at various university meetings and events. The position will also be responsible for working with staff to maintain a high-level of customer service at all times, and continually work to advance a faculty-focused culture within CEI.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Work directly with the CEI Director to identify university needs in the areas of teaching, learning and faculty development, and develop detailed project plans to address these needs.
- Serve as project manager on multiple service and research projects. This includes estimating needed resources, creating project plans and timelines, documenting and reporting on project progress, and ensuring successful project completion.
- Collaborate with CEI staff on developing and implementing strategies to track and evaluate project management tasks. This includes identifying areas of task overlap and determining ways to maximize project resources.
- Collaborate with the CEI communications team on developing strategies for department branding, marketing and communications policies. This includes writing content for web and print publication, as well as CEI correspondences to UB administrators and Deans.
- Serve as a CEI liaison to UB clients and partners by giving presentations, representing CEI on committees, and meeting directly with department chairs and faculty regarding needs and support services.
- Work with the CEI Associate Director on budget planning and resource management. This includes identifying resource needs, assisting in the annual department budget planning process, reviewing budget activity and offering recommendations on budget implementation.
- Work with the CEI Director to actively promote and establish a culture of faculty-centered customer service. This includes identifying customer-focused policies and best practices, and working with center staff to provide the highest quality customer service to UB faculty.
The Center for Educational Innovation (CEI) at the University at Buffalo is a hub for faculty to obtain support for their teaching in areas such as online learning, instructional design, instructional technologies and learning management systems. CEI plays a crucial role in the university’s ongoing commitment to creating an environment of innovation and educational entrepreneurship for faculty. CEI’s new Faculty Collaboration Studio, opening fall 2018, will provide faculty with a dedicated space to experiment with new teaching and learning trends, adaptable learning spaces, and emerging educational technologies. For more information, please visit the CEI website at http://buffalo.edu/ubcei
Master’s degree in business or higher-ed administration, or a related field.
Minimum of 1 year of experience in a higher education project management setting.
Excellent customer service skills.
Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
Minimum 3 years of experience in higher education.
Minimum of 3 years of project management experience, including managing projects with multiple partners.
Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook); Google Drive (Docs, Sheets, Slides and Calendar).
Contact’s Name John Wild
Contact’s Title Associate Director, Center for Educational Innovation
Contact’s Email email@example.com
Contact’s Phone 716-829-2972