Located in the heart of Boston, Simmons University embodies the benefits of a small university in the nation's best college town. Simmons has a cherished history of visionary thinking and social responsibility and a mission that has remained constant for over a century: to provide transformative learning that links passion with lifelong purpose.
Today, Simmons serves nearly 2,000 students in a women-centered undergraduate program and nearly 5,000 students in coeducational graduate programs. Simmons recently embarked on an academic redesign to create four interdisciplinary colleges. Given the richness and complexity of its offerings, Simmons obtained formal approval and became Simmons University effective September 1, 2018.
We are looking for an Executive Assistant to join our Office of Enrollment Management. Reporting to the Associate Vice President for Enrollment Management, the Executive Assistant will be responsible for providing advanced administrative, analytical and technical support to the office. The Executive Assistant will act as a liaison with internal colleagues and external partners, while promoting a culture of inclusion and responsiveness through customer-centric support. This position requires keen interpersonal skills and exceptional judgment to facilitate collaboration and communication among diverse groups while exercising discretion and judgment with respect to confidential employee relations and related confidential documentation.
This highly visible role is critical to the function and success of the Office of Enrollment Management, and is relied upon for guidance regarding university standards with respect to schedules, correspondence, policies, guidelines, budget and operating costs within the division. The Executive Assistant will serve as the first point of contact for all inquiries and will support calendar coordination, event and meeting preparation, data maintenance, and day-to-day operations.
The ideal candidate will maintain a strong customer focus, foster mutual respect, support Simmons University's commitment to diversity, practice and promote teamwork, perform independently, maintain confidentiality, adhere to high standards of personal conduct and maintain and enhance professional/job competency.
- Conduct research, compile data, and prepare statistics for consideration and presentation by enrollment executives for committees and board of trustees;
- Oversee and manage the Enrollment Management Budget including the creation of purchase orders, invoices and maintenance of accurate financial records tracking purchase orders;
- Oversee the annual budget planning process for each fiscal year including meetings with budget rep, and checking in with all directors about their planned spending, and plan for project based spending (reach out to coordinate any initiative funds);
- Support the annual enrollment projection team process, as well as the Kotzen Scholarship interview process. Annual enrollment (organize meetings, record numbers (data), coordinating interviews for kotzen, and
- Support AVP and Enrollment directors with annual projects including Kotzen selection process, graduate merit coding, financial aid mailings, and enrollment research.
- Support reporting and data entry needs in both Radius and Colleague;
- Coordinate room reservations and support for EM division meetings;
- Assist AVP with presentations for Board meetings including the creation and editing of presentations;
- Manage departmental calendar, schedule meetings, coordinate travel and create agendas when applicable, and
- Perform general office duties, such as ordering supplies, maintaining office copier, and open/sort daily mail.
Required Technical Skills
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Advanced proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and Adobe Suites;
- Experience with Workday, Radius, or Colleague a plus.
- 3 - 5 years of experience in an administrative support position with a focus on customer service (prior experience in higher education preferred);
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills;
- Ability to take initiative and ownership of projects;
- Proven ability to perform duties with a high level of professionalism, flexibility; discretion, judgment, diplomacy and tact;
- Design skills are a plus.
- Time Management
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
This is a 40 hour position with a schedule of Monday through Friday from 8:30am to 5:00pm.
Instructions to Applicants
: Please submit a resume and cover letter in the Resume/CV section of your application.
Simmons is committed to inclusive excellence in all aspects of an individual's community experience. As a University committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, Simmons encourages applications from all under-represented groups. Simmons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to continuing to develop a more diverse faculty, staff, student body and curriculum.
To apply, visit https://simmons.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Simmons-Careers/job/Main-Campus---Boston-MA/Executive-Assistant---Office-of-Enrollment-Management_R05534-2
Located in Bostons historic Fenway area, Simmons College is a small, private, non-sectarian College which has educated students for enriching careers and purposeful lives since 1899. Working at Simmons means joining a collaborative, diverse and mission-driven community of educators and professionals.
We prepare students to be leaders for themselves, their communities and the world. Our faculty and staff members lead by example - sharing a commitment to excellence and putting the students first.