As a part of our team, you will develop a strong understanding of employee benefits and be responsible for facilitating employee orientations and meetings as required. In this highly visible service centered role, you will:
- Provide guidance and expertise in benefit enrollment rules and regulations, worker’s compensation, and FMLA benefits
- Respond to employee time and attendance needs
- Facilitate benefits orientations both in a group setting and one on one
- Serve as a liaison for supplemental retirement programs
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit – all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages.
The University at Buffalo is SUNY’s most comprehensive public research university, and an outstanding place to work. UB amplifies ambition for faculty and staff by offering endless possibilities to achieve more. Here, people from all backgrounds and cultures challenge and inspire each other to discover, learn and succeed. Dedicated staff and engaged faculty collaborate to further knowledge and understanding, and develop tenacious graduates who are valued for their talents and their impact on global society. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
A Bachelor’s degree obtained by the time of employment is required. A combination of education and experience or relevant military training may be considered in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree on a year for year basis.
In addition to being detail oriented, to be successful in this position, you must have:
- Human resources experience, particularly benefits administration
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to work as a member of a team
- Organizational skills
Previous instructional or website writing experience.