Compliance Specialist for Human Research Protections
918 - Office of Research Protections
The Compliance Specialist assists the researchers and faculty in Villanova University in the human subjects' research protections program. The Compliance Specialist will help in routine protocol management tasks; prepare meeting agenda and meeting minutes; arrange for the monthly committee meetings; maintain updated documents; assist in training new investigators and students in protocol submission.
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University's mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University's mission and values.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the online protocol system to processes new protocols, modifications, renewal, and other submissions; coordinates the review process; assists in preparing submitted protocols for Committee action every week; in consultation with IRB Chair and Director ORP assign reviewers for protocol submissions; provide determination letters to Investigators.
- Assist investigators in the electronic submission process and protocol review process as required.
- Update and collate SOPs and Policies.
- Update website, maintain documentation and metrics.
- Participate and assist with education of the IRB members, PIs and students regarding Human Subject Protection and IRB Process.
- Prepare for the monthly IRB meeting including preparing agenda, minutes and other materials for the meeting.
- Perform other duties and assists with projects as assigned.
- Bachelors degree required.
- Familiarity with IRB Process is required.
- Previous experience with Human Subject Regulations required.
Physical Requirements and/or Unusual Work Hours
Special Message to Applicants
- Experience working in University setting preferred.
- Previous experience training personnel preferred.
- Familiarity with electronic database system preferred.
Closing Date (12am ET):
Open Until Filled:
Salary Posting Information:
Commensurate with experience
To apply, visit: https://jobs.villanova.edu/postings/14823
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University's mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University's mission and values. Villanova University is committed to providing leadership in the attainment of equal employment for all individuals. It is the policy and practice of Villanova University to recruit and select applicants on the basis of their qualifications and abilities. This effort is in compliance with all federal and state laws, including Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1975, Executive Order 11246, and the Americans with Disabilities Act.