Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Registered Nurse - Rotating Shifts
Registered Nurse - Rotating Shifts
The Rotating Shift Nurse provides medical care to students and must be available to work all shifts.
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University's mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University's mission and values.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist doctors and nurse practitioners during clinic hours.
- Assess walk-in students and treat patient symptoms according to protocol. Consult on-call physician as needed. Refer to emergency department as needed.
- Admit students to Health Center as needed and treat appropriately. Provide ongoing care for patients already admitted to the infirmary.
- Follow-up of students sent to emergency department and notify Residence Life of student hospital admissions.
- Administer allergy injections and immunizations.
- Perform blood draws and prepare specimens for laboratory pick up.
- Finish lab reviews from evening shift and continue to notify students of results.
- Distribute lab results to appropriate providers on evening/night shift.
- Organize charts for following day (allergy, scheduled appointments, protocol signature, MD/NP signature of lab results).
- Notify secretary of outstanding reports (radiology, laboratory).
- Notify providers and students of necessary follow up visits.
- Weekly check of urinalysis controls, nightly checks of refrigerator temperature.
- Surface cleaning of exam rooms and waiting room, and stock supplies for exam rooms.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Physical Requirements and/or Unusual Work Hours
- Licensed as Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- Two years of recent clinical nursing experience.
- Phlebotomy skills, administration of immunizations, medications, allergy injections and nebulizer treatments.
Four 10-hour shifts per week including weekends. Must be available for all shifts.
Special Message to Applicants
Closing Date (12am ET):
Open Until Filled:
Salary Posting Information:
$34.12 per hour plus shift differential
To apply, visit: https://jobs.villanova.edu/postings/14919
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University's mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University's mission and values. Villanova University is committed to providing leadership in the attainment of equal employment for all individuals. It is the policy and practice of Villanova University to recruit and select applicants on the basis of their qualifications and abilities. This effort is in compliance with all federal and state laws, including Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1975, Executive Order 11246, and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |